1.30.2006

shigley & 153

SHIGLEY

about three years ago, i decided, after being out of school for three years, to dump all my college text books except for one- 'Mechanical Engineering Design,' by Shigley and Mischke. Today, I finally had to use it as a reference. I've been asked to come up with a method/ calculation based on another refinery's spec. to determine the require torque on bolting for exchanger flange pairs. i asked around the office for assistance and one of the websites i was directed to referenced the Shigley Mech. Eng. Design book. Tucked in the back of one of our filing cabinets, i dusted it off after arriving home and found what i was looking for... except i think there is still one intermediate step i need to figure out.

153

p bought a scale over the weekend. i weighed myself in the evening and it read 156. holy smokes. heaviest i've ever been in my 31 years. then, in the morning, i was 153... still... eight (8) lbs over my fighting weight of 145. i'm really not concerned, just a bit surprised... i knew i had put on some lbs since aiden, but didn't realize it was 8 lbs... i wonder if this extra weight will help or hinder my racing season... and speaking of which, i really need to start riding more... gotta pull out the trainer and get on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home